i went shopping with mom today, bringing home $49.9 Herseys pure unsweetened cocoa for my later on oatmeal breakfast~!
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons creme de cacao (chocolate-flavored liqueur)(optional)
- CREME DE CACAO FILLING (recipe follows)
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE GLAZE (recipe follows)
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
- 2 Beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl until blended. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, blending just until combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 3 Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Sprinkle each layer with 1 tablespoon creme de cacao; cool completely.
- 4 Meanwhile, prepare CREME DE CACAO FILLING. Split each cake layer horizontally into 2 layers. Place one layer on serving plate; spread with one-third of FILLING. Repeat layering with remaining cake and FILLING, ending with cake layer. Cover tightly; refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- 5 Prepare CHOCOLATE GANACHE GLAZE; spoon on top of chilled cake, allowing glaze to drizzle down side of cake. Refrigerate. 10 to 12 servings.
CREME DE CACAO FILLING: Beat 1 cup (1/2 pt.) cold whipping cream, 2 tablespoons creme de cacao (optional) and 1 tablespoon HERSHEY’S Cocoa in small bowl until stiff. Cover; refrigerate. About 2 cups.
CHOCOLATE GANACHE GLAZE
1 HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Bar (7 oz.), broken
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon butter
1-1/2 teaspoons creme de cacao (chocolate-flavored liqueur) or
Combine chocolate bar pieces, whipping cream and butter in medium saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in creme de cacao. Cool to lukewarm (glaze will be slightly thickened). About 1 cup.